Who uses electric mobility and who benefits from its use?
Are policies and decision-making about electric mobility socially just?
How can we measure and plan for an inclusive, fair and equitable transition to electric mobility in the coming years and decades?
About the ITEM team from the Transport Studies Unit, University of Oxford
Bristol is a UK leader in promoting sustainable transport, climate action, and investment in electric mobility:
- It was the first local authority in the UK to declare a climate emergency.
- It is one of eight cities or metropolitan areas to have received funding from the UK Go Ultra Low City Scheme to promote the switch to electric vehicles.
- It is home to national Sustainable Transport charities and community interest groups such as Sustrans and more recently Playing Out.
- It is part of an EU project called REPLICATE, which has involved the introduction of organisational e-bikes, battery electric cars offered by local car clubs, and an electric taxi-bus service.
- It is one of over fifty UK towns and cities trialling rented e-scooters.
- It has committed to introducing a Clean Air Zone in summer 2022.